Learn to set your grinder, make a great espresso and foam and texture milk. We also begin to cover basic information on the daily care of your equipment.
Specialilty Coffee Association (SCA) certification available separately.
- Exploring the differences between Arabica & Robusta coffees
- Knowledge of why coffee freshness is so important and how to maintain freshness
- Understanding the importance of working within an hygienic and organised work-space
- Identification and naming of main parts of a grinder and espresso machine
- Espresso: Temp, Distribution, Tamp, Dose, Yield, Time, Grind, Under/Over extraction
- All about Milk: Freshness, Texturing (micro-foam), Pouring techniques
- The demonstration of safe and hygienic work practices
- The maintenance of equipment
Light lunch provided.